50th Birthday Card


This card was made for my husband's cousin's 50th birthday. I find it to be somewhat difficult to make cards for men. I guess it's because they can't be too frilly or sparkly so I feel limited in my choices of materials & patterns.

Thankfully, I picked up a pack of Basic Grey patterned paper during the recent QVC craft day. It all looks really great. Sometimes in the packs, you get a few sheets that are usable and the rest is crap. I picked out a sheet that seemed particularly "manly" and it was from the Vagabond line; It's called Vintage Paisley.

I found some coordinating cardstock in light blue, brown & black. Inked the edges with Walnut Distress Ink and attached it with some metallic snaps in the corner.

For the metal accent I used something I've had for many years. It was part of a cardmaking kit (from QVC!) and I could never figure out what it was for. I used my Crop-a-Dile to punch holes in the corners (yes, it goes through metal) and used some miscellaneous fibers to attach it to the card. The 50 in the center was printed on my laser printer.

0 comments: