Altered Journal


This is my first attempt at altering something. I've admired all of the really cool projects posted on the Cricut Message Board so I decided to give it a shot. This was a journal I found several months ago at Michael's for $1. I only got 2 at the time since I didn't know what I'd do with them but now wish I'd gotten more. The flowers are from a couple stems of artificial flowers I got on clearance at Joann's. Just take them apart & they work just as good as Primas & cost less. The stamps are Autumn Leaves Flourishes v.2 and the brads are from Oriental Trading. Ribbon is just some stuff I have lying around - basic organdy 1/2". The only Cricut item is the letter 'A' from Alphalicious at 3.5" on shadow. I cut it out of ceral box chipboard 3 times and glued them all together. Then I covered it in some glitter I've had forever (I'm not usually a glitter person but I'm trying new things!) so I don't have any idea where it came from. After that I coated it several times in UTEE and then ran a black ink pad around the edges.

1 comments:

Livvy said...

Interesting to know.