Card Set Gifts

For Christmas this year I'm giving sets of handcrafted cards as gifts. Here are a few of the cards I've made:

Masculine Birthday Cards:


They are the same design just different patterned paper. The paper is Basic Grey. First I used Cricut Cartridge "Jasmine" for the photo corners. I cut them from chipboard and then again from brown textured cardstock. Glued that on top of the chipboard & distressed by lightly sanding the edges & top with fine grit sandpaper. I used some vellum as (you can see) and tore it down the right side and the bottom. Attached with 3/16" copper eyelets and threaded twine through the holes & taped to the back. Next I cut the letter B from Cricut Cartridge "Printing Press" with feature 'Tall' in a coordinating color and shadowed in black. I printed "IRTHDAY" on transparency & cut that down to size. Glued the B down & stuck the transparency in between the lower middle hole of the letter (so it kinda pops out a little). Lastly, and one of the harder steps was making the faux metal rimmed tag. I needed a specific size to accomodate the Happy Birthday stamp. On "Printing Press" I found the bonus key (next to load last) is meant to do exactly what I needed. With that key using feature 'Character' (top left) it cuts a circle. With the same key but no feature selected cuts the "rim" that fits perfect. I cut the "rim" in black and then, because I didn't have silver embossing powder, I used Colorbox MetalXtra ink in Platinum to cover the black & embossed with clear powder. It looks just like metal in person. Attached with a small paper clip to hang on the twine. All done.

Thanks Cards:


These were pretty quick to do. The patterned paper is by We R Memory Keepers from their Designer Collection Paper Pack. I used a coordinating color cardstock for the mat, outlined (with black Cricut markers) the word "Thanks" from Cricut Cartridge "Beyond Birthdays" in yellow and then cut. Lastly, I did a zig-zag stitch with my sewing machine around the outside edges.

Thank You Very Much Cards:


The design from these came from a post on the Cricut Messageboard (This is the original post).
The red & pink dots paper is also from the We R Memory Keepers Designer Collection Paper Pack. I can't remember where the other comes from. I used Cricut Cartridge "George" for the circles in the upper right. The big one is cut at 3 1/2 inches with the Silhouette feature on and the little one is cut at 2 1/2 inches. I embossed the smaller circle with the Cuttlebug embossing folder "Spots & Dots" and sewed around it with my sewing machine. Cricut Cartridge "Mini Monograms" was used for the scallop circle. It's cut at 2 inches.

0 comments: