Shout Out To SheetLoad - March 2009

I just can't say enough good things about the SheetLoad blog. It's a really great resource when you're having trouble being creative on your own. The March 2009 issue is another great, inspiration packed issue. Be sure to check it out HERE.

I've been off my crafting game for the past 5 months since my son was born, but am slowly getting back into it. The SheetLoad E-zine has been one of the best tools to get me card-making & paper-crafting again. My time is still pretty limited with a small baby to care for, but here is my attempt at this months SheetLoad design.

I only had time to do 2 cards and I made them similar, but slightly different. I also changed the finished card size to 6 inches, instead of the 5.5 inches noted in the SheetLoad directions. I just picked up the new Garden Party Stack by DCWV at Joann's and was instantly struck with the desire to use these 2 patterns for my SheetLoad project.

On the card pictured above, I used my sewing machine to do the stitiching, and then selected the ribbon to echo that detail. The ribbon came from one of the monthly ribbon club assortments I get from Really Reasonable Ribbon. I also used an Inkadinkado stamp set for the sentiment. And lastly I finished it off with a piece of cardstock that I punched with the new Scallop Sentiment Border Punch by Fiskars. I then ran that through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.

For the second card I used the same paper and kept just the zig-zag stitching on the diagonal cut line. I also used the same ribbon, but tied it in a knot versus a bow. The flower stamp is another Inkadinkado stamp set which I colored in using Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol to blend. The "Just a note" stamp is from one of the Studio G $1 sets. I finished it off with some flat back pearls in a few corners.

Here's a side by side of both cards taken in the bright sunlight to try and pick up the glitter on the paper.

0 comments: