Hot Fun in the Summertime - My first kit!!


So a few weeks ago one of the designers whose CT I'm on (Katina, aka The Scrappy Kat) asked if I'd like to try designing and work on a collaboration kit with her. I was a little hesitant at first because I've never designed and prior to her asking I'd never even thought about trying to do it. Sure, I made an alpha for the STS July Blog Train, but a whole kit was a big deal! In the end I figured it would be a good experience. So we picked a color palette & theme and away I went on my first adventure in trying to design a kit.

This is the result and overall I think for a first kit from a newbie designer it's pretty decent. I even created a few of my own elements from extractions! Overall, it was kinda stressful and I had to stay up pretty late a few nights in a row to have "baby free" time to work. We'll be releasing the papers today, the elements & alpha tomorrow, and finally some quickpages!

To give you an idea of what the kit has to offer I'll post a few of the pages done by The Scrappy Kat's CT:

By Tara:

By Ashley:

By Beth:

Here is a preview of Katina's portion and you can click it to visit her blog to download her part:

Here are the papers! Click to download and come back tomorrow for the rest:

8 comments:

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 12 Jul [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 13 Jul [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

BriannasScrapper said...

amber - your first kit looks awesome! love the look of the papers!

Josephine Stewart said...

I can't believe this is your first kit--it is so much fun! Thanks so much for your generosity.

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 4 post on Jul. 13, 2009. Thanks again.

alison said...

Great Job on your 1st kit!!

Whitney said...

Great job Amber!

Janae said...

so cute- thanks!